As our 10th annual season-end Team Championships draws near (September 14th – 15th), it is time for you to gather your buddies and form your teams to participate in this prestigious event!
Please note that this tournament is on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. Teams are subject to cut-off if scheduling could not accommodates the number of teams entered.
You can register now [HERE]!! Deadline is September 1st.
TEAM FORMATION GUIDELINES
Each team must have a minimum of 4 male and 2 female players; anything short of this threshold will result in forfeited matches.
You can form teams with anyone who has played 2 of the 5 tournaments during the 2018-2019 BV season, which includes:
- 10.1 Power of Ten Open,
- 10.2 Winter Fiesta Open,
- 10.3 Legend of the Waterfall Open (UBC x C1 Waterfall 2019),
- 10.4 Hippity Baddi Hopper Open,
- 10.5 Baddi Royale Endgame.
Just like previous years, “Out of Town” players can also participate in the team tournament.
“Out of Town” is defined as an area not on this map [HERE]. “Out of Town” player is defined as a person that is not in town for 4 of the 5 tournaments. Please indicate in the registration where the “Out of Town” players are from and the reason they are out of town. Organizers will request for proofs when deemed necessary and reserve the right to decline.
Players who do not meet the above requirements but would still like to participate can contact us (via email@example.com, our facebook page) for an alternative option.
Please allow your team to have extra members in case of injuries. The governing body will reserve the right to refuse any last minute substitutions.
- Each tie consists of 5 matches (Mixed Doubles A, Mixed Doubles B, Women’s Doubles, Men’s Doubles A, Men’s Doubles B).
- Each registered team member may play a maximum of 2 matches per tie, but cannot play in the same event twice (i.e. Cannot play 2 Mixed Doubles or 2 Men’s Doubles within the same tie)
- Each registered team member must play at least two matches in each stage of the tournament (Round Robin & Playoffs); this will be subject to adjustment depending on the number of teams entered in the tournament.
- In the event that team member(s) have not met the above restriction during each stage, the number of match(es) that will be automatically forfeited in the final tie of the stage will be equal to the amount of match(es) remaining that they are required to play.
- During ROUND ROBIN, all teams must play all 5 matches for every tie. In the PLAYOFFS, once the outcome is decided, it is at the discretion of the winning team/governing body to play the final match(es).
- In the case of teams finishing with identical results during Round Robin, the order will be decided based on the following rules below (in order) until a ranking can be determined:
- Head to head tie result (for 2-way ties)
- Matches won/lost from the ties between teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal)
- Sets won from the ties between teams in question (if more than two teams finish equal)
- Total matches won in all ties
- Total sets won in all matches
- Total point difference between teams in question
- Total point difference in all matches
- Lottery draw
- Mixed/Men’s Doubles A DOES NOT NEED TO BE stronger than Mixed/Men’s Doubles B.
- The governing body will reserve the right to change or add any rules with proper notification.