BADMINTOLOGY TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
A maximum 16-team (See: Eligible teams) team championship at the end of the the Badmintology season. At the end of this championship, the teams will be placed from 1st to 16th.
Format (subject to change):
Each team shall be guaranteed 5 ties (team matches) throughout the tournament, subject to the total number of teams in the tournament. Each team match consist of Mix Doubles A, Mix Doubles B, Men’s Doubles A, Men’s Doubles B, and Women’s Doubles, best of 3 sets – 21 rally point system. The winning team will be the team that takes 3 of 5 matches in a tie.
Eligible Teams (subject to change):
- Registration is on first come first serve basis.
- To qualify, each team must be consist of at least 6 members (minimum 4 males and 2 females); all registered players must have participated in 2 of the season’s tournaments.
- We strongly suggest to find players who will be available to play on all days of the tournament; else, the team may be forced to forfeit 1 or more matches in the tournament (refer to player requirement on “rules”).
- No inappropriate or offensive names, we reserve the right to ask for a name change.
- We reserve the right to amend the rules when appropriate.
- Teams will be seeded based on the total ranking points (team points) achieved by the top 5 individuals of each team.
- Only ranking points of the individuals’ best ranked event will count towards your team points, eg. If you earned a total of 3000 pts in Men’s Singles, 2000 pts in Men’s Doubles and 300 pts in Mixed Doubles, only the 3000 pts from Men’s Singles ranking will be used to calculate your team points.
- Only the top four tournament result will be counted towards the individuals’ ranking points, eg. If you earned 1000 pts in each of tourney #1 / #2 / #3 / #4 and 1200 pts in Grand Finale all in Open Men’s Singles, your total Open Men’s Singles will only be 4200, not 5200.
- Ranking points will be valued differently with different age groups according to the table below; eg. If you earned 3000 pts in U-19 Men’s Singles, 1000 pts in U19 Men’s Doubles and 800 pts in Open Men’s Doubles, you will only contribute 1000 pts (1/3 of 3000 pts) towards your team points.
Category Value Blue Shell 1 Red Shell 1/2 Green Shell 0 Mini Shell 1
- Please note that even if there are no ranking points in Green Shell events, Green Shell participation still counts as Team Participation.
- If you participated in the same event, but in different level (Shells), the points will be combined. (eg. When you earned 1000 pts in Red Open MD in one tourney and 300 pts in Blue Open MD in another tourney, your total in “Open MD” will be 800 pts [(1000/2) + 300]).
- Each registered player on the team is required to play a minimum number of matches (typically 2 matches) in each stage (Round Robin and Playoffs, if applicable) of the tournament.
- Mix Doubles A must be the stronger team, this will be determined via rankings and common sense.
- Once the outcome is decided, it is at the discretion of the governing body to play the final match(es) of a tie.
- The governing body will reserve the right to change or add any rules with proper notification.
- Each team is strongly suggested to have team uniforms for their team picture and final match. If team uniforms is not a viable option, we would suggest to have a color code for the team.
Each team will receive a plaque with their picture and placing in the tournament. Top 3 teams will be awarded medals.
- What if my team only has 6 players and one of them cannot make the tournament or is injured in the course of the tournament?
Unfortunately, each team must have at least 6 players. Also, any player registered for the team championship must play at least two matches throughout the tournament. Teams will be required to forfeit matches as a result of missing players. We suggest that each team consist of 7 to 8 members to be safe.